Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pennies and Prayers

We started our first fundraiser today!!  It is very difficult to ask people to donate, but as you may or may not know adoption is very costly and fundraising is a must for us.  I know the Lord is in complete control because as I hear the large dollar amounts being tossed around I haven't freaked out or began to worry.  I don't know how the Lord is going to provide, but I am confident that he will!  I realize that "He is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine" Ephesians 3:20 and if He wants it to show up in our mailbox it will, but He may choose to show himself mighty thru fundraising.  This one is easy!!  I've passed out some baby bottles and asked for them to be filled with spare change and returned when finished.  When its returned I'll add it to the fund and give the bottle to someone else.

My mom suggested to enlist help from friends and family around the country who I may not can get a bottle to.  If you'd like to participate I challenge you to fill a cheap bottle with as many coins as you wish and mail it to me.  As money begins to come in I am going to make a list on here somewhere to indicate how much has come from different places around the country.  It will be fun to see where all we can collect change from. 

My hope is that this will be fun and easy!!  Thanks in advance for your prayers and pennies (coins).

No comments:

Post a Comment