Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Faithfully Ever After

A couple of months ago David and I attended a conference called "kNOw more orphans".  Obviously the Lord had been tugging at our hearts or we probably never would have been there.  One of the speakers said that at the end of his life he wanted it to be said not that he'd lived "happily ever after" but "faithfully ever after".  I loved that!!  My sentiments exactly. 

So over the course of these two months we have looked into different ways to care for the orphan and feel completely led to adopt a little girl from right here in America.  We have signed up with a consulting agency (Christian Adoption Consultants) who in just a week has held my hand thru the beginning stages of adoption.  I love it! 

Our boys knew we'd been to the conference and knew we were praying and seeking guidance from the Lord, but last Sunday we told them we are officially adopting.  They are so excited and can't wait to have a baby sister.  You'd think they had a megaphone telling everyone they can.  On Monday they wanted to name her.  I explained that she may come in the form of a toddler who already has a name and it won't be like the dog where we just change it.  They understood but wanted to work on a list just in case.  Mason took the list to school where his friends took a vote on their favorites and his teacher even added a few names!

We are all so eager to get all the balls in motion!  A few friends have encouraged me to blog my way thru this process so here we go.  I don't feel that I have the gift of writing as some of the other bloggers do, but spilling my heart I can do!

3 comments:

  1. I know God has the perfect little girl for you....Hey maybe she will even be close to Paisley's age...Well I am hopeful wishing because God already knows who that sweet angel will be and he knows she has a LOVING family all the way around!!!! I am so darn excited for you all and this is going to be awesome for us all!!!!! I love you and pray for that little girl who will be in such good hands with you all!!! And just like I tell everyone I am sure she will be screaming for her KK as soon as you get her....You know I love spoiling kiddos!!! Even mine sad but true!!! Again I love you and I am soo excited for you and David as well as the boys! I think this is an awesome amazing thing!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey,
    I am so excited for you and look forward to following your blog. We have an adopted grandson and he has been such a blessing!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete