Friday, January 18, 2013

He's working

Last night we had the blessing of talking with our expectant mom (emom). She was wonderful!! The conversation was so easy. I was a nervous wreck while we were waiting on the call, but as soon as it started everything was so natural. One of the social workers was on the line and she began by asking Melissa (emom) to tell us about our profile and her experience with it. She told us that after she decided to give her baby up for adoption she prayed for God's guidance and direction. She began searching in the yellow pages and came across our agency. She did a web search of it and looked over some of the family profiles that were there and was drawn to our family. Mind you, I had no idea our profile was online!! She said she kept going back and looking and always loved our family. So fast forward to last week when she arrived at the agency and was presented with families. The owner of the agency told her they'd selected some families that they thought she'd like. When he handed her the stack ours was on top. She knew it was meant to be us! I let her know that I'd been praying for her since we started this process. I have looked forward to this day for months. We have been waiting and trusting and praying and believing that He was working even when we couldn't see it. I've said for months that I couldn't wait to be able to tell our story and give Him all the glory. I know there will be many more moments like this in the coming days. But for now I'm taking this one in. We left the call with such an assurance and peace of mind. Also, we found out that her c section will be February 26 or 27!! 5 1/2 weeks (but who's counting)!!! This weekend we are rearranging rooms and preparing the nursery. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Williams Family,
    I am an adoptee....and your story moved me. My parents adopted me from an orphanage in Chicago and several times they visited, to look at the newborns who were recently born. As they looked at each infant, the "sister" in charge, said, No, that's not your baby! My parents would leave and be sad...after this happened three times, my mom said, maybe we aren't worthy of being parents. But then March 1948, while she was praying and vacuuming...the phone rang and Sister said come down, we have a baby girl. My dad came home from work (he was a milk man) and said he was exhausted and mom asked, too exhausted to go to St Vincents and see a baby girl. He washed up, changed clothes and off they went. THIS time, as they looked into my bassinette, Sister said "THAT's your baby girl". I'm moved to tears right now as I think of the story that I heard so many times. I am so VERY happy for all of you. Because Illinois is a closed record state, I have not had the opportunity to meet my birthmother (or father). I am thankful for her extraordinary love for me that she surrendered me knowing I would have a better life than she could provide (she was only 17). God Bless all of you and I will follow your story. Ainsley is a very dear friend of mine.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete